Hi, This is Dino. I am the founder of the brand Dinokelulut. We produced quality Kelulut stingless bee honey harvested from my farm. With the increasing number of fake and synthetic honey flooding the market locally and globally, I have made it my mission to do what I can to solve this issue based on my capabilities.I will start educating the public on what it is I do exactly. First question I get asked a lot – What is Kelulut? Well, Kelulut is the malay term for Stingless Bee. The scientific name used to be called Trigona but it no longer exists as the Latin Genus nomenclature. There are many names for these so let me just summarize them.
What is Meliponiculture?
- Meliponiculture is the management of Kelulut stingless bees usually to benefit from their pollination efforts or to harvest a small amount of high value honey.
- Here in South East Asia, there are more than 50 species in the Genus Trigona inhabiting a variety of habitats.
- Malay – Known as Kelulut or Lebah Kelulut. Honey is known as Madu Kelulut.
- Khmer (Cambodia) – Known as Maroam
- Thai South – Ong
- Lao & Issan – Kee Suit
- India – Dammar Bee
- Efficient pollinators of many agricultural crops such as cashew, mango, papaya, guava and others
- Easily managed in low cost containers
- Produce as a high value medicinal honey. Sold to Chinese and traditional medicinal markets for $50-$75/liter.
- Cerumen (Wax/Propolis) has several uses. They include Caulking, sealing & wound treatment.
- Not prone to absconding or migration
In the coming post we will be covering topics such as Khasiat madu kelulut, the difference between lebah kelulut, honey bee as well as the famous Manuka Honey. Also we will look into interesting recipes such as honey popcorn, For more info, please visit www.dinokelulut.com